Friday, November 23, 2012

My Background in Science

I've been running this blog for a while, I've got a little over 80 hits, and I still haven't given my personal scientific background. I don't have very many followers, but I do have people who view my blog regularly. (Thanks, Dad!)

My obsession with scientific studies dates back to a month and a half ago. I was explaining to my dad that it is utterly impossible that Slender Man could exist. He said, "What about that one theory? The one about all fictional characters being real in alternate universes?" I never looked up that theory, but something that he said caught my attention. He said that we would never be able to know if that theory was true due the observer effect, which I have written about before.

That's when I started my search on the Internet. I started doing some research on various websites, such as Wikipedia and the NASA website, and I found some really interesting facts and theories that I had never heard before. The next day, I talked to my science teacher, who said that it was cool how I was suddenly interested in astrophysics and quantum theory. Then she asked me, "How would you like to do a presentation to the class on astrophysics and quantum theory?" (Not the exact words, but close enough.) Obviously, I accepted.

Everyone in my science class thought that my vast knowledge of quantum theory and astrophysics was interesting, and everyone started asking me, "Are you going to become an astrophysicist?" I had to think about it. Did I want to become an astrophysicist? I told them, "Yes."

Ever since then, I've been researching the Solar System and the universe. In a way, both my dad and my science teacher inspired me to become interested in this subject. I've still got to find a decent college I can get grants for so I can get my PhD in Astrophysics.

Feel free to ask me any questions in the comments, and I will try my best to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment